‘I love Forest school. It’s fun, you get muddy and I like making animal dens.’ Dylan (Dolphin Class)
Forest School is an inspirational process,that offers ALL learners regular opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in a woodland or natural environment with trees.
Principles of Forest school:
- Forest School takes place in a woodland or natural environment to support the development of a relationship between the learner and the natural world.
- Forest School uses a range of learner-centred processes to create a community for being, development and learning.
- Forest School aims to promote the holistic development of all those involved, fostering resilient, confident, independent and creative learners.
- Forest School offers learners the opportunity to take supported risks appropriate to the environment and to themselves.
Benefits of forest school:
- Increased self-esteem and self-confidence
- Development of physical skills
- Development of language and communication skills
- Increased levels of motivation and concentration
- Demonstration of an improved relationship with and understanding of the outdoors