ACHIEVING THROUGH READING SPONSORSHIP AWARD – YOUR SCHOOL NEEDS YOU!
As you know, reading is at the heart of all learning and at Nelson, we are committed to instilling in our children a love of reading that will last a lifetime. We are delighted, therefore, to be among six Richmond and Hounslow Borough schools to have been shortlisted for the Achieving through Reading Sponsorship Award offered through Kew Bookshops. The successful school will receive:
- a free book for every child on World Book Day 2015
- a donation of £200 worth of the best new children’s books to the school
- two free author/illustrator visits for talks or workshops
- a thorough assessment of our school library and other book resources
- a 20% discount on books for the library or classroom reading corners
The decision will now go to a vote and it is up to us all to get as involved as we can in this process. Please therefore tell everyone you know to visit the Kew Bookshop website at http://www.kewbookshop.co.uk/kew-bookshop-school-awards/ and register their vote for Nelson School to give us the best possible chance of winning this valuable sponsorship award.
The cut-off date for voting is 31st January 2015 so please spread the word and make sure you don’t miss the deadline! Many thanks for your continuing support.